Project Properties reflect attributes of projects and tasks which you define. For example, you can add properties for Sales Price and Annual Sales Volume. Then you can include these properties in Project Templates and Task Types.
Once you have defined your process navigate to Add a New Project Property to add the relevant properties.
- Add a Code – this must be unique
- Add a Name – the property name will appear in projects and tasks. Ideally it should describe the requirement as an aid to the user e.g. Sample Colour
You need to specify how the property should behave using Value Type and Calculation Method if required:
- Select a ‘Value Type’ from the drop down list:
- Yes/No – user can only answer yes or no for this property
- Percent – user enters a percentage
- Percent and TFV – usually for calculated properties
- Number – user enters a number, you can also include units, useful for costs
- Date/Time – user selects a date
- Text – free text, you can limit the number of characters
- Choice – enter a list of options for the user to select from
- Entry List – a calculated property
- Click the Calculation tab to select if you require the property to be Calculated.
- Click Save to save the Project Property
In this example the Project Property is for Cost Price:
The Project Property is not Calculated: