Data Import and New Property (for Customer ‘allowed’ raw materials and suitability)
Sometimes a customer provides a list of allowed raw materials, meaning any other ingredients are prohibited within their formulations. Formpak can help in this scenario by:
- Importing the status of ‘allowed’ for each raw material
- Advising on properties, so the status for a formulation can be calculated from the status of the raw materials
- Advising on suitability, so that during product development and other processes, you can quickly determine if a formulation is suitable for the customer
Outline of Typical Process
- Add a new yes/no property in Formpak to represent your customer allowed list, e.g. CUSTX-OK. Advise us the exact property code you use.
- Provide us with a spreadsheet which contains the raw materials allowed by the customer. This can be by the item codes (as used in Formpak), or by CAS numbers.
- If the list is provided by CAS number we can undertake a matching step to locate your item codes. This is likely to require your input to review that the correct item codes have been found.
- The spreadsheet is transformed by us into a loadable set of raw materials which we send to you.
- You use ‘Batch Import Items’ to import the raw materials and select ‘Modify existing items’ and ‘Preserve existing data’ and the property value is set to ‘Yes’ for the CUSTX-OK property.
- If you want the property CUSTX-OK to be calculated for formulations, we can advise on this. The basic requirement is to make the CUSTX-OK property calculated based on Physical composition, and ALL criteria. If you do this, enable / allow all property calculations to be updated using Automatic Processing.
- If you want suitability checking to be added, we can advise on this also. There are two main options: For the customer, add suitability for ‘Property required’ for property CUSTX-OK. You could instead, or also, add suitability for ‘Physical Item Approved List by Property’ for property CUSTX-OK.
Please contact us if you require any further information or would like to go ahead with this style of import.